The company was founded in 1948 by the Pharmacist Seyit D. ŞANLI and Dr. Mustafa S. ŞANLI in İzmir under name “ŞANLI LABORATUARI”. Being converted into an Open Company in 1951 and a Joint Stock Company in 1981, its title was changed into “ ŞANLI İLAÇ SANAYİ A.Ş. “. Throughout this period the company continued its activities with the pharmaceuticals such as Analgesics, Antibiotics,
Anti-rheumatoids, Glucocorticoids, Vitamin Combinations, Antidiarrheics, Antihyperuricemics.
The company suspended its medicine production at the end of 2001 in order to emphasize on the plaster group, which it is actually asserting, together with the developments in sector, market conditions and uncertainties and focused on the patch and plaster group, in which it is leading in the sector since 1966. The company was moved in 2006 to a new plant established on an open area of 5.021m2 in Çiğli Organized Industrial Zone for the purpose of increasing its production capacity.